Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)
British Columbia is one of North America’s most dynamic places to do business. Entrepreneurs benefit from our strategic location, low taxes, competitive operating costs and a multicultural workforce that is well educated, highly skilled and productive.
If you are an entrepreneur ready to invest in and actively manage a business in the province, you may be eligible for the BC Provincial Nominee Program’s (PNP) Business Immigration stream. This stream accelerates the permanent residence application process for individuals who can establish themselves in B.C. and develop a business that will provide significant economic benefits to the province. To qualify, you must meet specific personal net worth thresholds, make a minimum investment in an eligible business, be actively involved in the daily management of the business, and create one or more new jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Please note that meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee approval.
The Business Immigration application process has two phases:
- In phase one, you sign a performance agreement and are initially supported for a two-year work permit.
- In phase two, you arrive in B.C. on the work permit, establish and actively manage your business, and complete the investment and job-creation requirements.
Applicants are nominated by the BC PNP for Permanent Residence in Canada only when they satisfy the terms of their performance agreement.
The Entrepreneur category is the best choice if:
- You would like to start or purchase and expand a business anywhere in B.C.
- You have a personal net worth of at least $600,000.
- You intend to invest at least $200,000 in the business.
- You can commit to creating new jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
The Strategic Projects category is the best choice if:
- Your company is interested in setting up a B.C.-based operation (such as a branch office or subsidiary) anywhere in the province.
- Your company intends to make an equity investment of at least $500,000 in the business.
- You would like to propose up to five key staff members on the application and you can commit to create at least three new jobs for each key staff member.